Friday, November 20, 2009

Pictures, Pictures, and More Pictures!

Okay, I have owed you guys pictures for a long time. So here's a big post full of them!

Remember a few weeks ago when I did the faerie tea party? It was so fun! I went to a Boys and Girls Club and they invited girls from five clubs who were all part of a reading program called Smart Girls! (Love that!) A group of women who throw tea parties professionally volunteered to come and to the tea party part! They laid out long tablecloths so the girls could have "tables" complete with faerie party favors! (Oh, and that gorgeous chair? That was mine.:))



And the girls came in, most of them having read the book, a bunch wearing wings, and all of them excited for the party!



And, of course, what kind of party would it be without my Late Bloomers, Espe (who organized) and Jen (who wore a tutu!)?



Thanks guys!!!

A bit of randomness; my husband and I discovered the most amazing Asian market a few weeks ago. Uh. Maze. Ing!! Most Asian markets I've been to are boutique sized. This one is the size of a large grocery store! And they have everything! One of our favorites, they have an entire aisle of Ramen. Every kind of ramen you could imagine. This is just one side of the aisle--the other is just as packed!



For our anniversary next week, instead of going out to eat, we are going to the Asian market and picking up a ton of stuff and having a cooking night! (Mmmm, steam buns . . . .)

Okay, since I was a little girl, I have always wanted a canopy bed. What little girl doesn't? Sadly, it took me till I was 28 to get one.



*sigh* I'm in love with my bed!

Then, last weekend, I went to the faerie festival in Goodyear! It was so fun! Hardcore faerie fans! And I got to meet back up with one of my favorite authors, in word and in person, Janni Lee Simner (watch for her new book, Thief Eyes, next Spring, and the sequel to Bones of Faerie in 2011!!) Here's Janni reading for her fab novel, Bones of Faerie!



But Janni was far from the only author there! I got to hang with Janette Rallison (who won the award for the best author in costume) and James A. Owen (who did that little air-kiss greeting thing with me--that always makes me feel chic and sophisticated . . . which . . . I'm not.:)) And here we are!




Gee, what IS that little book in the bottom left hand corner??? (I promise the table was not just full of my books. The others cleared them off before the pic, I' don't know why. In actuality the table was mostly full of James' books.:D)

And the tutus made another appearance! This time everyone got one!! Jen's awesome SIL Malinda was very busy making tutus for everyone. You can't see mine in the picture, but it is fluffy and wonderful!!!



So that is my last month in pictures! Next up, feeding 39 people for Thanksgiving and making sixteen pies from scratch! It's going to be epic and you'd better believe there are going to be pictures!!!:D

Ciao!

16 comments:

Erin said...

I'm coveting your bed! Matt says if I write a book that hits #1 on the bestseller list I can get a canopy bed too! I stuck my tongue out at him. It looks like you are having so much fun! That is some Thanksgiving! You'll have to be baking non-stop from now until Thursday!

Ellz said...

Love the pics. The faerie fest looked like it was tons of fun!

Elie (Ellz Readz)

Jeanette said...

L-o-v-e your bed!

Kari Pike said...

yep...love the bed! I like the little guy on it too! Can't wait to taste those pies...and share hugs with everyone! Thanks for posting the great pictures! Sounds like you had a great time.

sari said...

I think I have been to that market, it's giant. The meat area scared my boys and I a little, though.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Marcia Mickelson said...

What an awesome opportunity to do a tea for the B&G club. Looks like a lot of fun.

Tara McClendon said...

Happy soon-to-be anniversary. I love that you helped with such an awesome project. As a little girl, I can't tell you how cool it would've been for me to get to go to tea with the author of such a fun book. Who knows how many of those children will become authors because you inspired them at a young age. Way cool.

Heather said...

Faerie festivals, that sounds like so much fun! Man I wrote the wrong kind of book! LOL! I love the tutus. It looks like you're having a blast. And the bed, oh yes, I LOVE the bed!

Janette Rallison said...

Love the bed. I love the fact that I can see the bookshelves in your bedroom. I have them in my bedroom too. And in the hallway. And in the living room. And in the game room.

It was totally fun to be a faerie with you!

Tanvi said...

Faery parties? Wow, now there's a concept! :D

Jessie Oliveros said...

While not a fan of asian food, a big fan of library tea parties and canpoy beds. What fun pictures. Good luck with all those pies. I'm making one...just one.

Candice said...

I can feel myself putting on a few pounds just thinking about pie! I love the Smart Girl's club. What a wonderful thing to support.

Kevin said...

Maybe if I had a bed like that I'd be inspired to make it once in a while. Or... maybe that will be my excuse for not making mine as it is.
And I'm completely jealous of the Asian supermarket. Boise's Asian food is remarkably sparse. I couldn't even find any round potsticker wraps last time we made them. Maybe we'll have to move to Arizona.
--Chelsea

Stephen Prosapio said...

OMG. Congratulations on the success of your book!!! I read your blog a couple of years ago and had it bookmarked but hadn't checked in since you announced you'd gotten your publishing deal. How awesome for you to be #1 on the NYT list!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

the bed is gorgeous! :)

whitewitch said...

Who wouldn't be in love with a bed that beautiful? It looks antique. The kind of bed fit for a princess.